When it comes to health and safety performance at Racked Out, our leading and trailing indicators are our measuring tools. These indicators allow us to monitor our safety results and measure our effectiveness at avoiding incidents. Through this, we’re able to have our core Health and Safety program to monitor and ensure consistent improvement in overall safety performance. Racked Out ultimately wants to and will have every employee go home safe each and every day. We take pride in our Health and Safety Policy and our consideration that even one lost-time injury is WAY too many.
Over the past year, our safety program has made a significant shift toward focusing on leading indicators versus trailing indicators. By addressing and analyzing proactive behaviours, we can better anticipate opportunities to prevent accidents and injury. This focused attention on proactive behaviours and activities has had a significant return for safety. We have implemented the following leading indicator initiatives:
- “Safety Moments” at the top of every meeting at Racked Out
- Workplace orientations with partnerships with our many valued customers
- Scheduled safety-specific meetings
- Weekly ToolBox safety talks with all employees
- Dedicated training activities (fall arrest, traffic control, confined space , Fork lift Scissor lift, WAH, WHIMIS and Safety Awareness)
- Safety Opportunity Reports, Incidient reports, Injury reports, Audit Reports
- Safety conferences
- Site visits
Recent Health and Safety Program Initiatives
Racked Out has rolled out several recent initiatives to improve overall health and safety culture:
- On-going updates to our policy with respect to Ministry of Labour Requirements, our own environment and our Customer’s requirements
- Zero Tolerance on Hard Hat Usage (If you don’t use it you loose a day work)
- Updating All employee’s certifications, WHIMIS , Fork Lift, Scissor Lift, and Working at Heights
Designed to empower all Racked Out employees, subcontractors and visitors when it comes to safety engagement, the Safety Program provides a process for reporting on, or making suggestions toward, safety opportunities in the Racked Out World. Reporting can be carried out electronically, on paper or verbally. When a Safety Opportunity is reported, notifications are sent to the appropriate Racked Out Employees and Owner, prompting a coordinated and appropriate follow-up. A great success to date, the program’s proactive measures have helped to further reduce safety risks in our workplace.
New workers are a valuable resource for our company and our industry. In tandem with their workplace performance, new workers must be trained and mentored in all safety-related matters. Instilling the appropriate safety behaviours and attitude fosters an ideal safety culture that keeps our workplaces – and our new workers – safe.
All New Worker Program features specific training, mentorship periods and a unique identifier in the Racked Out World.