Cogan structural cantilever racking is what you need for handling medium- to extra heavy-duty loads. Ideal for storing short, long or awkwardly-shaped items, our cantilever racking features a special arm system designed for easy front loading without obstruction. Structural steel components guarantee superior strength. Punched holes run the full height of each column upright, providing excellent adaptability and versatility for all of your storage requirements. Built for the toughest industrial applications, all connections use high-strength structural grade bolts. For more information contact Racked Out in Canada.
Adaptable to every unique storage need, these cantilever racking units can be outfitted with straight or inclined arms with optional arm and base stopper pins. All solutions are available in single or double-sided facings. There are two types of columns to chose from as well.
Column and Structural Arm Configurations
Column Type 1
- 4″ structural I-beam uprights;
- 3″ vertical arm adjustment;
- Suited for medium- to heavy-duty loads
Columns Type 2
- 5″ structural I-beam uprights
- 4″ vertical arm adjustment
- Perfect for medium-, heavy or extra heavy-duty loads
Structural Arm Sizes
- Available in 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48, 54, 60, 72, 78, 84, 90 and 96 inches;
- Feature 13/16″ or 1/2″ diameter punched holes at each corner of the arm plate;
- Heavy duty bolting system;
- Medium-duty arm plates available in 3 and 4 inch configurations;
- Heavy-duty arm plates available in 4, 5 and 5.5 inch configurations;
- Extra heavy-duty arm plates are available in a 6-inch configuration.
Contact Racked Out for full-specifications, to arrange engineering consultation or with any questions
Shelf Overlay and Beam Support
Enables use of cantilever racking for storage of smaller items with three different decking options:
- Wire Mesh – ideal for fire-resistant applications, self supporting placed directly on rack arms (does not need beam supports);
- Steel Plate – electro-galvanized offers smooth, resilient finish, indoor or outdoor application (requires beam supports*);
- Plywood – provides a strong yet economical shelving option, (requires beam supports*);
- Beam Supports – shelf supports back and front perpendicular to the structural arms.
Please note that whenever shelf beams are used, the cantilever arm capacities reduce by 20%.
* Number of beam supports is determined by the engineer, mid-support beams are required for steel plate and plywood shelving.
Two arm accessories are available to support material.
- “V” brackets are welded along the entire length of the rack arm and are primarily designed for coils (wire, fencing etc.);
- “U” brackets are welded to the top flange of the rack arm which then supports a rod between two cantilever arms to support rolled materials (carpet, paper etc.).
Start Your Cantilevered Project
Contact Racked Out to plan your cantilevered racking project and get a free quote.